Before I starting telling my weight loss journey, I want to tell you something:
Today, I’m 15 kg lighter than I was when I started my weight loss journey.
It’s not one an overnight success. Even I didn’t take any weight loss pill. I didn’t go on keto or any other fad diets usually commercial on social media. I just adopted a healthy lifestyle, eating a well-balanced diet including fruits, vegetables, dairy, meat, etc.
I must say that my journey has been more like a roller coaster ride of trials, many errors, and a collection of hurdles along the way, eventually leading to success.
Firstly, I want to tell you that I am a nutritionist by profession. When I started my degree, I was 82 kg in weight. At that time, I got a trigger that forced to lose weight. Once my aunt told me
“How people believe you and trust your diet therapy for weight loss if you are overweight”
Her saying hit into my mind and I just got a sense of getting slim, smart and fit. It is true that everyone who wants to lose weight, needs a powerful trigger, the trigger that emphasizes you to stay on the right track towards success (weight loss). I got the same trigger by her saying.
“You didn’t gain all your weight in one day; you won’t lose it in one day. Be patient with yourself.”– Jenna Wolfe
Here is the beginning of my WEIGHT LOSS Journey. I started this journey in November 2018. I didn’t follow any fad diet like Keto, Atkins, Low carbohydrate diet, etc. I just follow the simple plan consisting of fruits, vegetables, milk, meat, eggs, vegetable oil, etc. and ate all these by following My Plate Concept.
Here are some tips and tricks that I followed for weight loss.
• I adopted a menu plan of 1400-1500 kcal.
• I do exercise for an hour in a day in the evening as well as in the morning.
• I do YOGA as well.
“Don’t work out because you hate your body — work out because you love it.”
• I didn’t take any weight loss pill or any other kind of herbal supplement.
• I restrict myself from eating all types of bakery items i: e biscuits, pastries, cakes, etc.
• I avoid every kind of beverages including colas, commercial fruit juices, soft drinks, energy drinks, etc.
• I ate 6 meals in a day, 3 main meals and 3 snack meals.
• I drank 9-10 glasses of water daily.
• For fresh and clean skin, I drank detox water (500 ml water, 1-inch ginger piece, I lemon, few mint leaves)
• I used Honey, Gurr, Shakar instead of white sugar but in a moderate amount.
• For boosting metabolism, I drank ginger tea, green tea, cardamom tea in the morning and evening.
These are tricks and tips that I adopted to lose 15 kg weight. Anyone who is overweight/obese can adopt these tips to lose weight successfully.
“Fitness is like marriage. You can’t cheat on it and expect it to work.”
For more information, you can add your query in the comment box.